Havat Daat 5770 Cheshvon 28
Informal translation from Hebrew of the 26 Tishrei, 5770 (14 October 2009) statement:
Per the information released to the public since the beginning of this last summer from health officials in Israel and worldwide, it is possible, in extreme cases, for an outbreak of a severe epidemic which will very much endanger much of the population of Israel in a life threatening manner. According to the most current data, more than forty people have died from the disease, but all but about five of them had other serious diseases, and the actual cause of death is unclear.
Authorities of the Health Ministry are ready to vaccinate the population in a systematic manner, according to the level of expected risk.
Three months ago, Dr. Daisy Stern, a medical doctor by profession, petitioned the Sanhedrin, and presented in front of the court worrisome data on defects in the ingredients, the manner in which decisions were made, the whole judgment process, many of which pointed to professional negligence and even seemingly purposeful negligence.
The Court cannot decide on the matter of findings which have been published up until now on the internet, because it did not have all the proper tools to evaluate this testimony.
Due to concern for her words, the Court of the Sanhedrin located a virologist professor, Maureen Friedman, an active, prestigious, known researcher in known scientific institutions in Israel, and decided to present her testimony as it has been received. Per her statement, when Dr. Daisy Stern’s position was presented to her, she did not accept it, however, as time went on and she investigated the matter herself, she changed her original stance in certain ways. The following is the testimony of Professor Maureen Friedman in the Court of the Sanhedrin on the 24th of Cheshvan (November 10, 2009).
Among the vaccine’s ingredients, which can be found on the market, are adjuvants, whose purpose is to stimulate white blood cells in to accelerated movement. Thus it is possible to use a lesser amount of vaccination material in order to achieve goals which would only be achievable without the adjuvants with a higher volume of vaccination material, which is not possible to manufacture today in the amounts required by the market. The problem is that the adjuvants can cause damage to the central nervous system (including the brain). It should be noted that these additional materials are not always revealed and identified, as the manufacturers protect the exact formula as a patented secret.
The H1N1 vaccine is manufactured by different companies. The vaccine which has been brought to Israel includes as adjuvant which is not used in the USA, however it is used in Europe, amidst state involvement in legislation or other agreements which protect from lawsuits. However, there are those states which refrain from using the vaccine due to doubts regarding its quality. There are testimonies about the H1N1 virus which lead to the conclusion that its source is a pharmaceutical laboratory in Mexico. Per the estimations, that company, following its negligence, as it seems, spread Bird Flu, in its time. About 72 kilograms of the viral substance was prepared, as it seems, for preparation of an aborted vaccine against said virus. A portion of it (it is not know how much) came in while still alive (it is not clear how?) to the aborted seasonal vaccine which was sent to 14 places in Europe. The presence of living virus and its identity was revealed in a lab in the Czech Republic (Baxter International).
One would like to not believe that there are dangers in the vaccine and that the vaccine is reliable, but the circumstances undercut the reliability.
The Health Ministry intents to vaccinate, with this vaccine, in Israel, before anyone else. As it seems, the safety of the vaccine has not been properly ascertained.
There is no data on tracking the quality and the results of the vaccination with the vaccine that is here in Israel. In the USA, the vaccine being used is not the same type as in Israel. In the vaccine that is in Israel, it is possible that there is a problematic material called timursol which is made up of 50% Mercury, which is a somewhat dangerous accumulation. In the ampoules (vials) in Israel, it is not clear if this substance is present, as there is no labeling on the ampoules.
In cases of death related to the H1N1 virus, there is no clear proof of dependent connection, but that does not prove that death is not from the virus.
It is clear that there is a risk of becoming sick from taking the vaccine, and there are risks of becoming sick from not taking the vaccine. The problem is that it is very difficult to evaluate which danger is greater. Therefore, the most proper recommendation is that every person should evaluate, per his or her own medical status, along with consultation with experts, which is the proper risk to take upon oneself per the personal medical status. That is to say that someone that, in the event of becoming sick with the flu, will be in serious danger, it is proper to vaccinate.
Later on, testimony was received from another expert that, the more a person’s weight increases, the greater the threat of the flu, and also it appears that the speed of dissemination of the sickness is considerably lower than what was thought ahead of time.
The recommendation of the Sanhedrin’s Court, per this testimony and other data is as follows:
- Every person should take personal responsibility for himself in the decision as to whether or not to be vaccinated against the Mexican Flu, and to that end consult with an authorized physician who can be trusted. In particular it is obligatory to do this if the Mexican Flu will spread.
- It is proper to consult with a nutrition expert regarding proper nutrition which will supply the means to strengthen the body and its invigoration in natural means, like food rich in vitamins C and D.
- According to the data at our disposal, the chances of catching the disease for those above the age of sixty is much smaller, due to vaccines against a similar strain long ago.
- One who is of an increased risk than normal to be afflicted by auto-immune diseases should be much more cautious regarding taking the suggested vaccine.
- It is proper that the authorities enhance tracking methods after outbreaks of the disease while putting in place a public system for reporting side effects, as is standard in the USA.
- It is proper to allow someone who doesn’t trust the vaccine which is in Israel, to help import the American vaccine, if the matter is possible, and still relevant, at the end of the month of Cheshvan, and to enable its purchase by a substantial government subsidy.
- The government has the great responsibility not to create situations which amount to harming the public’s trust of the medical system. Chaos on this matter and compulsion on the public or parts of it to take the vaccine represent a great danger to the trust in the health system. It is incumbent upon the medical system to work now to repair the public trust in real and focused ways, such that if, G-d forbid, there will indeed be an outbreak in a dangerous way, it will not be a result of the public’s fear of the serum.
Rabbi Professor Hillel Weiss – Speaker of the Sanhedrin
Rabbi Dov Stein – Secretary of the Sanhedrin
In the news
- Vaccinations and Judaism Permitted? Optional? Forbidden? The Philadelphia Jewish Voice (Dec 2009)
- Doctors Urge Everyone to Get H1N1 Vaccine Arutz-7 (Nov/25/09)
- רבני הסנהדרין החדשה ומלחמתם בחיסון NRG (16/11/2009)
- Jerusalem - Rabbis Warn Against H1N1 Vaccines Vos Iz Neias (Nov 16, 2009)
- 2 more people with H1N1 die in Israel Jerusalem Post (16/11/09)
- Sanhedrin Court Against Swine Flu Vaccine Arutz-7 (16/11/09)
- רבני הסנהדרין החדשה ומלחמתם בחיסון רבנים יצאו בפסק הלכה חדש שקורא לציבור לא למהר ולהתחסן מפני שפעת החזירים, בטענה שהמידע על החיסון הוא חלקי בלבד NRG (16/11/2009)