Legal Adjudication for Soldiers
NOTE THIS MATERIAL AND THE MATERIAL POSTED UNDER THIS CATEGORY IN UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND IS NOT APPROVED IS ITS CURRENT FORM
The purpose of the committee to advise the nascent Sanhedrin on military and security issues.
The committee deals with fundamental security problems, and advises the Sanhedrin so that it can operate in areas where, until now, rabbinical bodies have been unable to deal with them.
In parallel to the committee, a rabbi experienced with military problems was appointed in order to rule for requesting soldiers on halachic questions relevant to the military and characteristic of military activity:
Just like Sabbath observance in emergency situations, illegal orders to desecrate the Sabbath, kashrut problems, and even problems of faith.
Committee are Dr. Uri Mlistein - Known from many publications in military philosophy and military history.
Eviatar Ben Tzadaf - Former editor of the military thought periodical "Ma'arachot" that in which he helped edit.
Organizer - Rabbi Dov Meir Stein, assisted by members of the Sanhedrin and its institutions.
Reports, Analysis & Opinions
- Guidance for the Soldiers of Israel: Ethical Code (29 Cheshvon 5770, 16 November 2009)
- Source References in Jewish Law: The Law of Rodef (29 Cheshvon 5770, 16 November 2009)
- Why learning in yeshiva does not mean evasion from protecting the country (29 Cheshvon 5770, 16 November 2009)
- For the peace of our enemies we will have to pay (29 Cheshvon 5770, 16 November 2009)
- Sanhedrin Study Program (curricula) (29 Cheshvon 5770, 16 November 2009)
- Post - modernist prevailing today in Israel and the Western world (29 Cheshvon 5770, 16 November 2009)
- How to prevent attempted annihilation of the Jewish People (29 Cheshvon 5770, 16 November 2009)
- Opening a car parking lot gate on the Shabbat (10 Iyyar 5768, 15 May 2008)
Relationship to the Nascent Sanhedrin
The Sanhedrin often encouters military and security matters. Accordingly, it was decided to establish an advisory committee. The purpose of the committee is to advise the Sanhedrin on military and security matters.