Hachrazah 5768 Adar II 5
From The Sanhedrin - en
Informal translation from Hebrew of the 5 Adar II, 5768 (12 March 2008) statement:
Permanent Court of the Sanhedrin decides on the establishment of a commission of inquiry in the actions of the police during the terrorist attack on Merkaz HaRav rabbinical college in Jerusalem.
From the media and additional sources of information that continue to become available to the legislators, there is increased concern about the possibility of gross negligence [in the handling of the attack], or worse. Some concerns include:
- The Police were warned by several agencies of the intentions by terrorists to attack the rabbinical college.
- There was an attempted terrorist attack immediately prior to this one at the Porat Yosef rabbical college. The Police did not act on that information for reasons which need to be investigated.
- The Police were notified that suspects were sighted by the video and surveillance systems of the Merkas HaRav rabbinical college. As far as it can be ascertained, the Police did not act on that information.
- The response of the Police during the event, both Police on patrol that were at the entrance, and inexplicable sluggishness of the Police to arrive at the scene, such that they arrived after giving opportunity for the terrorist to kill many students.
- The disturbances that prevented armed forces from entering the building, which allowed time for additional casualties.
- [The indiscretion of] support by the Police in allowing a the mourning of the arab terrorist to turn into a celebration of his martyrdom, and the use of legal means to prevent canceling such a provocation to the general public.
- The establishment of terrorist centers of Hamas and Hizbollah among the general population, and in Jerusalem in particular.
The response of the Police in this matter was reminiscent of the government's general policy in dealing all the actions of enemy. The intention to intensify the "sit and do nothing" policy upon all those who damage national security.
The result: the condition [missles] in the south, Sederot and Ashkelon, and security sitution in general concerning the enemies beyond our borders: Iran, Alqaida, Hizbollah, Hamas, the PLO [Palestinian Authority], Egypt and Syria. Deep pronouncements of deep empathy for our enemies, helping them to attack by revealing our weaknesses are all clearly demonstrated. Arab terrorism is allowed to increase, while all the time referred to by the authorities by using calming words such as a "crime wave".
Investigation of the actions of the Police, including the media, will cover their behavior both in the public and national interest.
The court invites anyone with information on this matter to contact the secretary, Rabbi Dov Stein: 02-5664137 02-5661962 050-6733831 or by email email@example.com. (Submission of information by email should be followed up by a phonecall to confirm that the information has been recieved).